I have not stopped struggling to get Isaac to sleep and take naps. For the longest time I blamed myself and said that it was because I was making enough milk and he was hungry. Well truth be told that might have been the case before we really started him on solids, however now that he eats all the time he is getting plenty to eat. On the topic of food he has had over 20 jars of food since he started eating them 3 weeks ago. The doctors want him to eat between 2-3 jars a day. He is doing that now for sure. He loves these fruits bananas, mango, pears, applesauce, and peaches. He tolerates veggies. Mostly he loves squash and sweet potatoes. We work on getting him to finish carrots they are not too bad. Green beans have fallen down on his list of likes. We struggle with peas. Isaac not liking peas is not surprise to me since I hate them. Ben feeds Isaac peaches and peas.
Back to the topic of sleep, his naps got worse and worse until they were only 10 mins long and a cranky baby all day long. AHHH pull my hair out. I was rocking him to sleep and playing children hymns. giving him a binky and staying quiet. This is what I did before when I put him to sleep on our bed, but ever since we started putting him in his crib it just got worse. So I tried putting him to sleep without the binky then if it falls out he wont wake up because it cant fall out if it is not there. no progress. Fine I started to wake him up at 7 am and keep him awake until 10am like usual and the just lay him down put the blanket over him and give him his binky and turn on the TV and keep it on. 2 hour nap. Happy baby happy mommy. Then I put him down at 3pm same routine. 2 hour nap and happy family. Then bed at 9pm so happy. Next day trued it again success. What this all boils down to is my poor child does not like to be alone! so the TV comforts him. who knew. I tried with music and rocking I guess he wanted to be left alone and likes the TV. This is most likely my fault since all I did was watch TV he knows that sound really well. Happy days to sleeping schedule's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment