Random things

Monday, March 5, 2012 1 comments
Isaac is as busy as ever and daddy is not perfect about giving him something to hold when he gets his diaper changed, and even when Isaac is given something he loses interest or wants something else before the process is over. Most of the time this results in Isaac not being fully dressed or lately naked a little bit. I guess what I was going to say is that Isaac got to run around without a diaper on for a little bit until Ben recharged and could deal with the little ball or energy.

Isaac has been so good at pulling himself up on to everything. the bookcase, the couch, the exersaucer, the T.V. stand, the tub, even the kitchen table and chairs, the church pews, EVERYTHING. He will stand and reach for things or walk along them to get to something else. The one thing he can not figure out is how to get down...... He doesn't/wont fall. He wants to get and be down but he doesn't know what to do I hear him now crying out because he wants to get down and "can't". I am not sure how to really help him other than just let him figure it out, my ears my not last until he figures it out.
Church, his he favorite is pulling himself up on the back of the benches and getting all the attention and trying to suck on the wood top. I try everything to not have him suck on it and mostly I end up with my finger in his mouth to prevent it. People love him and he knows how to be cute and get them to laugh, oh from flirting to pleasing...
Bathtub, well I let Isaac crawl all over the house it is fun to call to him and see him come. Well we do surprisingly shower and Isaac knows something is going on and follows. He gets into the trash and the clothes soaking and the rugs and the everything. Not the ideal place for him to play however he is not really unsupervised, one of us is on the other side. Today I got a call and well I was not helping so I heard soap that is soap, over and over again. He found something new on the side of the tub. He pulls himself up onto everything. I go in after my call and see that everything is moved and off the floor. I have always wanted a picked up immaculate house, with Isaac I just might get one. Everything can be learned just not all today! Somethings simply have to be moved and out of sight out of mind.
Kitchen table, back story..... Whenever you pick up Isaac he gets really excited and kicks his legs and makes some thrilled noise. I was sitting at the kitchen table and Isaac crawls over and climbs up on the chair and then the table! Wait what he is that tall? Holy cow I guess I underestimate him. Well yes he grabbed the table with both hands and got off the ground and was kicking! Crazy kid, I did not let him do that too long without a little assistance since that fall would be a bit much.
Bookcase, I only have his things and diapers on that bookcase. Well it is a daily process of taking everything off and for awhile he never got things off the top of it. He can reach it now that he figured out how to pull himself up onto things. So the things on top have now been moved.

He is walking with our hands so much more and it is not too far away before he is up and walking. He spends a few brief seconds standing unaided by things or people. Today I gave him a meal that he fed himself.....bath time, I sat with him while he played and slashed. He figured out that his foot moving across the tub made a squeaky noise so he did that for a long time so funny. After a bit of time Ben came in to help wash him. He just stood the whole time he did not want to sit at all. I could tell that he was cold but he did not want to sit back down in the water. He got so cold after standing to be washed and rinsed that it the split second to get him a towel after the bath he peed. That was pretty funny, these little kids are not immune to anything they are human and are affected just as we are. They are so simple.

I guess one last thing I have noticed is how incredibly in-tuned Isaac is to sounds and noise. Something that is almost not even a sound he hears and turns to look and figure out what caused it. This is such a great thing I feel for many reasons, however at this point it makes eating very hard. He knows and waits for the pop of the baby food jar, he listens to me tell him last bite, all done. these are not the hard examples those are if there is any other sound he turns and looks in that instance. He is just aware of so much for such a little guy. Last night Ben was putting him back to bed after he woke up. Ben was holding him in the dark in the rocking chair and Isaac saw the BYUI on his shirt and started to play with is. The shirt is dark grey and the writing is dark blue. Such a smart kid but it makes things on us hard. He was so distracted that he just got put down, which resulted in a lot longer process.

Those are some stories of our everyday life with our little Isaac who has known his name since he was 4 months old!

1 comments:

  • Qait said...

    What a brilliant baby, Rose!
    We've got a lot of the same stuff going on here with Scarlett (climbing, aah!)-- I've been wanting to blog about her, so reading your post was really fun!
    Diaper changing is crazy for us, too. I have a hard time being patient when she insists on flipping to one side, but I keep trying! I'm super fast at diaper changing, but she's faster!
    I'm amazed Isaac can stand unassisted for any time at all, and the fact that he's "creeping" (that's walking along furniture and stuff) means he's SO close to walking! WOW! And he's barely a month older than Scarlett, right?
    Count me impressed. :)